Where is the best place to live? What are the hallmarks of a great neighbourhood? Accessibility to transit, restaurants, parks, recreation and where you work are all major considerations. We’re obviously a little biased, but there are a couple neighbourhoods that we think are some of Calgary’s hippest: Bridgeland and Mission.
Reasons why Bridgeland is one of our faves:
- It’s one of Calgary’s secret gems. People don’t realize it yet, but Bridgeland is quickly becoming one of the hip neighborhoods; with award winning spots to grab some grub like Diner Deluxe.
- Close enough to the downtown core, but enough distance to have some separation. Not everyone wants to live downtown, but they still want to be close to the office. Bridgeland offers the best of both worlds – close enough for an easy commute, yet far enough for a feel all its own.
- Parks and recreation. Only minutes away from the trails along the Bow River, the area is close to Princess Island, Rotary Park and Centenary Park. Great areas for an evening run or an afternoon picnic; your choice.
- Weekend brunch. Bridgeland features some of Calgary’s best breaky joints. Not much compares to a group of your closest friends reminiscing (or recreating) the night before over laughs, great java and fresh eggs benny. A few of our favourite breakfast spots include: Blue Star Diner, Over Easy Breakfast and The Main Dish.
Reasons why Mission is just so damn cool:
- We like our car but we love not having to use it. Mission is one of Calgary’s most walkable neighbourhoods, ranking as a “Walker’s Paradise” with a scoring of 97 on WalkScore.com. Close to possibly every amenity imaginable – forget ever having to use your car unless you’re going to visit friends and family in the ‘burbs.
- Oh the river. Being close to all the outdoor trails is ideal when the sun is shining. Grab your bike and go for a ride along the Elbow River pathway or through Lindsay Park.
- No excuses for being out of shape. With the Talisman Centre close by we have access to a world class fitness facility only a few blocks away.
- Restaurant row anyone? Close to some of Calgary’s most famous restaurants, bars and 17th Avenue the biggest challenge is deciding where to go out – but we like bar hopping, so it’s perfect. Our first stop is WURST. Get dressed up and out to party.
So now that you’ve gotten our lowdown on Mission and Bridgeland, which neighbourhood could you see yourself in? Follow Bucci Living on Twitter and Facebook for updates and information about these local areas.
Calgary condos Calgary condos for sale Calgary condominiums Calgary high rise lofts Bridgeland condos homes for sale bridgeland luxury condos for sale beautiful brand new bright centrally located close to schools air conditioning fitness amenities investment property Calgary Calgary real estate agents 2 bedroom condos 1 bedroom condos guide to buying a home in Calgary condo buildings in Calgary condo listings in Calgary things to do in bridgeland best Calgary neighbourhoods
Vancouver condos Vancouver real estate Vancouver commercial real estate vancouver properties for sale Vancouver investment properties Vancouver real estate agent Vancouver homes for sale east vancouver real estate west vancouver real estate burnaby real estate
Calgary condo rentals luxury condo rentals apartments in bridgeland apartments in Kensington apartments in Inglewood apartments in mission 1 bedroom apartment condo 2 bedroom apartment condo pet friendly condos in Calgary condos near train station amenity condos for rent gym new condo rentals Calgary condos for rent in vancouver vancouver rentals east vancouver rental west vancouver rental vancouver homes for rent